Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > take me to your leader

take me to your leader

Mostro Di Biscottos

I have a question.

Ok , so I got this Cisco 2501 router, and i want to get into it. It is just
laying around. I am thinking that I'll t-net into it to work on it, but
with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question is, is there no way
to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a computer? So as to start
from scratch?

Bjørn Djupvik

Mostro Di Biscottos wrote:
> I have a question.
>
> Ok , so I got this Cisco 2501 router, and i want to get into it. It
> is just laying around. I am thinking that I'll t-net into it to work
> on it, but with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question
> is, is there no way to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a
> computer? So as to start from scratch?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80094795.shtml

You need physical access to the router, but you seem to have that.... good
luck!

PJML

Mostro Di Biscottos wrote:
> I have a question.
>
> Ok , so I got this Cisco 2501 router, and i want to get into it. It is just
> laying around. I am thinking that I'll t-net into it to work on it, but
> with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question is, is there no way
> to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a computer? So as to start
> from scratch?

Assuming you have a rollover cable and the
appropriate RJ45-to-DB9 or RJ45-to-DB25 cable,
you connect a RS232/V24-capable terminal [or a
PC reunning appropriate terminal-emulation
software] to the CON port of the router, then
follow the Cisco-documented "password recovery"
procedure.