Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Locked out of Aironet 340

Locked out of Aironet 340

Steve Pfister

I've got an old Aironet 340 wireless access point. I'm trying to
configure it, but I can't seem to get in through telnet or http. I've
been trying to make a connection through the serial port, but I can't
seem to find a cable or combination of cables from our vast collection
that will work.

The device seems to function just fine; I just can't configure it.

Does anyone have the pinouts for the serial cable for this?

Thanks!

Dave

As I remeber it you need a straight thru cable, no crossovers, i.e 1 to1, 2
to 2, etc, dont forget one end should be a plug and the other a socket, the
default settings are 9600 baud, 8, none and 1.

Dave.
"Steve Pfister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've got an old Aironet 340 wireless access point. I'm trying to
> configure it, but I can't seem to get in through telnet or http. I've
> been trying to make a connection through the serial port, but I can't
> seem to find a cable or combination of cables from our vast collection
> that will work.
>
> The device seems to function just fine; I just can't configure it.
>
> Does anyone have the pinouts for the serial cable for this?
>
> Thanks!

Chris O

Take a look at :-
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...onet/index.htm