Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Pix 520 OS

Cisco Pix 520 OS

Doug Scott

I am running a Cisco Pix 520 with cer 5.0.1 os. I would love to
upgrade the O.S. to the current version, but I do not have support at
Cisco. Since this is a used home system, I can not afford 2000.00 for
a year of support. Could someone give me access to the files I need
to tftp the Os to the current version, 6 x? something. I have plenty
of ram and flash ram, 128k and 16k I think,

My email is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Doug Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I am running a Cisco Pix 520 with cer 5.0.1 os. I would love to
:upgrade the O.S. to the current version, but I do not have support at
:Cisco. Since this is a used home system,

PIX software licenses are not transferable, so you probably do not
have the right to run even 5.0(1) on the PIX.

:I can not afford 2000.00 for
:a year of support.

You can buy a software upgrade instead of getting support.

:Could someone give me access to the files I need
:to tftp the Os to the current version, 6 x? something.

Sorry, if I were to allow you to use the copy I have, I would
lose the right to use the software myself.

If you had a valid software license, you could possibly get the
TAC to upgrade you to something around 5.1(3) in order to fix
known security problems.
--
Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific
Fain would I fathom thy nature specific.

Cisco Pix 520(?) break character / sequence blazeking@gmail.com Cisco 5 10-17-2005 10:29 PM
Cisco PIX 520 VLANS Frank Durham Cisco 1 03-09-2005 06:06 PM
Cisco Pix 520 Frank Durham Cisco 1 12-08-2004 04:36 PM
another cisco pix 520 question Scott Emick Cisco 1 07-16-2004 08:36 PM
does cisco PIX 520 IOS 5.1 support ipsec over tcp? Scott Emick Cisco 1 07-16-2004 06:58 PM

Advertisments