Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > what kind of c file is it

what kind of c file is it

QQ

if the file name is *.cc

Thanks a lot!

Victor Bazarov

QQ wrote:
> if the file name is *.cc

It's usually not a C file at all. Most likely it's a C++ translation
unit. Can you open it and look at it? What does it look like?

Rolf Magnus

QQ wrote:

> if the file name is *.cc

The contents of a file don't depend on its name, and the C++ standard
doesn't require special naming for source files. But there are conventions
to mark the content by name. *.cc is a very common file name pattern for
C++ sources. I'm not sure why you're asking. Since you posted the question
in comp.lang.c++, it seems to me that you are actually aware that it's C++.

Stewart Gordon

QQ wrote:
> if the file name is *.cc
>
> Thanks a lot!

One of various adopted extensions for C++. There are others:
..cpp (probably the most common, but annoyingly one that my version of
tcsh doesn't recognise)
..c (leading to confusion with C)
..C (on case-sensitive file systems)
..c++ (on filesystems that support such names)
..cxx (presumably a kludge for .c++)

I wonder which Bjarne himself uses....

Stewart.

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

One kind of error opening codebehind file in Visual Studio.NET 2003 (solved) google@eduard-ralph.de ASP .Net 0 02-01-2006 01:01 PM
Is there such a thing as a program that can tell me what kind of file a file is? Happy@Camper.Com Computer Support 4 01-03-2005 04:54 PM
What Kind of File is this? Davmagic .Com HTML 2 06-30-2004 10:22 AM
what kind of file al Computer Support 6 04-21-2004 07:45 AM
Opinions on zippers (the computer file kind) Rustiferion Computer Support 14 08-01-2003 01:50 PM

Advertisments