Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > extract tar files?

extract tar files?

Bobby Janow

I need the exact syntax for extracting a tar file flash image to a 3550 from
an ftp server. Thanks in advance.

BJ

Jackson Lancaster

"Bobby Janow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<vPHQa.727$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I need the exact syntax for extracting a tar file flash image to a 3550 from
> an ftp server. Thanks in advance.
>
> BJ

Referring to the document at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80169623.shtml

you could use the command

archive download-sw /overwrite
ftp://x.x.x.x/c3550-i5q3l2-tar.121-13.EA1.tar

Of course change the .tar file to the name of your file.

You will have to set your ftp username and password via the "ip ftp
username" and "ip ftp password" command before you issue this command
to authenticate.

As well their is an issue with this command that causes it to
crash/reload after you download. It is cisco bug id CSCdy22756.

I could never get the command to work via the cli but it did work when
I used the web interface to the switch.

Jackson Lancaster
Systems Engineer (Contr)
SAF/FMPT

Bobby Janow

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much

bJ

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...