Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > check symbol table

check symbol table

linq936@hotmail.com

Hi,
This might be off topic a little. In using gdb to debug my code I can
not use "print" command to examine the value, gdb returns me
"incomplete type".
But "ptype ClassName" does return me a brief description of the
class. So it makes me think the symbol table is somehow not correct.
Now I wonder how to check the symbol table? I know a util called,nm.
But it only list the symbol names in some strange way. I wonder if
somehow I can check the class definition from the symbol table.

Thanks.

msalters

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) schreef:
> Hi,
> This might be off topic a little. In using gdb ...

It is. Try one of the gnu.* groups.

Regards,
Michiel Salters