Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Call termination problem using cas protocol (E1)

Call termination problem using cas protocol (E1)

Joel Frederic

Cisco : 3640
Telephony card: Dual E1
Protocol: Cas, r2-digital, dtmf dnis
Ios: 12.3

Gateway for teminating calls.

Problem:
The problem is as soon as the gateway finish dial the number to call,
50% of the time it didn't receive the alert event but the connect
event(Connect--> Phone is just ringing). 50% of the time it is ok
(Alert -> ringing, Connect --> party pick up the call).

As you can see the behavour is quite unpredictable, we need to have
the connect working correctly because it defines when we start
billing.

I don't know if some people have experiment this problem of if you
have any suggestion.

Thank in advance.