Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > name conventions for pure ABCs

name conventions for pure ABCs

gelbeiche

I'm curious if other programmer use special
name conventions for interface classes in
their projects.
In a line like the following

class A : public XXX_IF, public YYY_IF {

I can see that multiple inheritance is on
the agenda but at the same time I see:
Ok, class A only implements the interfaces.

I think the line

class A : public XXX, public YYY {

would be not so clear.

Victor Bazarov

gelbeiche wrote:
> I'm curious if other programmer use special
> name conventions for interface classes in
> their projects.
> In a line like the following
>
> class A : public XXX_IF, public YYY_IF {
>
> I can see that multiple inheritance is on
> the agenda but at the same time I see:
> Ok, class A only implements the interfaces.
>
> I think the line
>
> class A : public XXX, public YYY {
>
> would be not so clear.

We don't use special conventions. We use comments.

// merging two abstract classes into another
class A : public XXX, public YYY {

And, of course, we don't have names like 'A' or 'XXX' or 'YYY'...

Pure space directly inside div ignored, but pure space directlyinside span honored liketofindoutwhy@gmail.com HTML 4 03-29-2008 06:06 PM
Opaque pointers, templates and ABCs =?iso-8859-1?q?Ernesto_Basc=F3n?= C++ 3 10-25-2006 08:53 PM
Interfaces without ABCs? Mark P C++ 6 09-13-2005 08:16 AM
Polymorphism, iterators and ABCs? Steven T. Hatton C++ 5 09-02-2005 12:42 AM
Pure functions still pure after definition Todd Aspeotis C++ 3 05-30-2005 03:53 AM

Advertisments