Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Request Advice for an Aspiring CCNA

Re: Request Advice for an Aspiring CCNA

photek

Joe Barrett <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm currently trying to get my CCNA certification and due to lack of
> funds, I won't be able to take an actual course. As a result, I've
> purchased the Cisco Press "CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics" book, and
> have been reading it a great deal. After finishing that, as well as
> doing a lot of the free stuff I've found online, I think I have a good
> handle on most of the test side of the CCNA exam, but I've done
> nothing for the lab.
>
> Does anyone have advice on what I should do to study for the lab?
> What hardware [assuming it's not too expensive (under 400$ total for
> all, ideally)] to buy to set up a test lab, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe Barrett

To get a good handle on the pratical side of the CCNA I used a 2503
router from ebay and I also managed to get the router sim CCNA 3 which
was a valuble resource. This is available from www.routersim.com.