Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > future of C++

future of C++

puzzlecracker

I was wondering what people think about the future (if any) for C++.
How long do you think it will be marketable for and how would it market
value stand against other powerhouses (!!!) such as Java or C#? Is
there going to be another standardization? C++ is such a powerful
language and its graduate descent to oblivion seem rather disturbing.

Thanks,

p.s. This is probably not the best group for such open-ended
discussions, but it, in fact, has members who are qualified to express
qualitative opinions, and not sure whether other groups have that.

p.s. what are the forebodings for cs in general?

Ioannis Vranos

puzzlecracker wrote:
> I was wondering what people think about the future (if any) for C++.
> How long do you think it will be marketable for and how would it market
> value stand against other powerhouses (!!!) such as Java or C#? Is
> there going to be another standardization? C++ is such a powerful
> language and its graduate descent to oblivion seem rather disturbing.
>
> Thanks,
>

> p.s. This is probably not the best group for such open-ended
> discussions, but it, in fact, has members who are qualified to express
> qualitative opinions, and not sure whether other groups have that.
>
> p.s. what are the forebodings for cs in general?

With the advent of VC++ 2005, C++ becomes the systems programming language of .NET.

Some references:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx

http://pluralsight.com/blogs/hsutter...0/05/2672.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/branbray/archi.../07/51007.aspx

http://www.accu.org/conference/prese...keynote%29.pdf

And a page of mine:

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys/cppcli.htm

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys

Andre Kostur

"puzzlecracker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

[snip usual flamebait comparing languages]

This is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please take it to an advocacy group
somewhere.

Victor Bazarov

puzzlecracker wrote:
> I was wondering what people think about the future (if any) for C++.
> [...]

I mean no offense, but...

Have you actually even attempted to see what was said (written) on
this subject already? I mean, if you care what people think, you
might consider doing your research before starting the umpteenth
"discussion" on that "subject"... Don't get me wrong, but I am a bit
tired of reading this here every other month. If you have something
to add, add it to the discussion that's already under way (and nobody
closed any of the threads AFAIK). Otherwise it looks just waaaay too
much like trolling.

puzzlecracker

define trolling please

puzzlecracker

Victor Bazarov wrote:
> puzzlecracker wrote:
> > I was wondering what people think about the future (if any) for

C++.
> > [...]

> I mean no offense, but...
>
> Have you actually even attempted to see what was said (written) on
> this subject already? I mean, if you care what people think, you
> might consider doing your research before starting the umpteenth
> "discussion" on that "subject"... Don't get me wrong, but I am a bit
> tired of reading this here every other month. If you have something
> to add, add it to the discussion that's already under way (and nobody
> closed any of the threads AFAIK). Otherwise it looks just waaaay too
> much like trolling.

define trolling please

Victor Bazarov

puzzlecracker wrote:
> define trolling please

Look it up on the Web please.

Alvin

puzzlecracker wrote:

> I was wondering what people think about the future (if any) for C++.
> How long do you think it will be marketable for and how would it market
> value stand against other powerhouses (!!!) such as Java or C#? Is
> there going to be another standardization? C++ is such a powerful
> language and its graduate descent to oblivion seem rather disturbing.
>
> Thanks,
>

> p.s. This is probably not the best group for such open-ended
> discussions, but it, in fact, has members who are qualified to express
> qualitative opinions, and not sure whether other groups have that.
>
> p.s. what are the forebodings for cs in general?

Future of C++? Other powerhouses such as Java or C#? C# is a powerhouse?
Wow! You have plenty of research still to do! You make plenty of empty,
naive (or ignorant ... I'm not quite sure which one) statements. Do some
more research and then come back.

Oh, an answer to your other post "please define trolling", well Google is
your friend: http://www.google.ca/search?q=define%3Atrolling

Alvin

Victor Bazarov

Alvin wrote:
> puzzlecracker wrote:
> [...]
> Future of C++? Other powerhouses such as Java or C#? C# is a powerhouse?

Please don't feed trolls.

Ian McCulloch

http://just****inggoogleit.com/searc...internet+troll