Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > trouble resolving NetBios Names Cisco VPN client and Linksys router

trouble resolving NetBios Names Cisco VPN client and Linksys router

aldousd666

I have a user who is using Cisco VPN client for win2000 and he's
connecting to our VPN. He can successfully establish the tunnel, and
after doing so, he is able to connect to the exchange server with
outlook. He can use our web connection, and the throughput it great,
round 1mb/s, BUT when he puts in a UNC path to one of our servers, it
hangs there for 20 minutes before finally bringing up the connection.
I can telnet to his host, I can copy files to it, but he is just
hanging out a LONG time before any UNC paths are working. I telneted
to his machine, and did a netstat, the connection to our WINS servers
is on TIME_WAIT while the connection is Pending. We have lots of
other users who are able to do all of this successfully, and I'm
getting nowhere on it. If anyone has any helpful info, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
-dave dolan