Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > UML Diagram Tool - Word Drawing

UML Diagram Tool - Word Drawing

adeon

Hi all,

Do you know if there is any UML diagram tool that is capable of
exporting diagrams into MS Word as a Word drawing object - I want to
draw a sequence diagram in an user-friendly tool and then export it (or
copy&paste) to MSWord document as a word drawing, so I can double-click
it later (in Word) and edit (still being in Word).
I know, a bit odd but it's not my requirement - I simply want to avoid
drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).

Cheers
AD

Ioannis Vranos

adeon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do you know if there is any UML diagram tool that is capable of
> exporting diagrams into MS Word as a Word drawing object - I want to
> draw a sequence diagram in an user-friendly tool and then export it (or
> copy&paste) to MSWord document as a word drawing, so I can double-click
> it later (in Word) and edit (still being in Word).
> I know, a bit odd but it's not my requirement - I simply want to avoid
> drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).

Microsoft Visio is one such tool.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys

EventHelix.com

You can try EventStudio 2.5. It generates sequence diagrams in
the Enhanced Meta File (EMF) format supported by Microsoft Word.

The tool does not allow double clicking to edit the sequence diagram,
but it will allow you to autolink the generated sequence diagrams
so that regeneration of the diagrams is automatically reflected
in the Word document.

Also note that unlike Visio, you can generate multi-page sequence
diagrams and export them to Word with a single command.

You can find more information at:
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio

Deepa

adeon

adeon napisał(a):

> Hi all,
>
> Do you know if there is any UML diagram tool that is capable of
> exporting diagrams into MS Word as a Word drawing object - I want to
> draw a sequence diagram in an user-friendly tool and then export it (or
> copy&paste) to MSWord document as a word drawing, so I can double-click
> it later (in Word) and edit (still being in Word).
> I know, a bit odd but it's not my requirement - I simply want to avoid
> drawing UML diagrams directly in Word (nightmare).
>
> Cheers
> AD

I have found out that it can be achieved with every tool that is capable
of exporting diagrams to windows metafile format.

Cheers
AD