Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ipv6 / 128bit crypto

ipv6 / 128bit crypto

chris

not sure if this is the right ng for this, but will give it a shot as there
seem to be many readers.

while speaking with others at work inref ipv6, thru a tangent we started to
discuss encryption. as we all knew, ipv6 will use 128 bit addresses and
also as some know, certain keys (xpto) use 128 bit encryption, such as the
"old" (if you like, from the early 70s) lucifer code. next thing you know,
someone mentions the idea of of using the two (ipv6 addresses and 128bit
keys) as one. is this possible while still maintaining an recognizable
address format? as far as i knew, hell (heaven?) no.

thanx,

chris