Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Where can I find a good C++ socket class/library?

Where can I find a good C++ socket class/library?

groleo@gmail.com

Hi.

I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
a socket class for c++?
I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
compile
on gcc-3.3

So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
sockets, in c++?

Gregor Razdrtic

> Hi.
>
> I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
> a socket class for c++?
> I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
> The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
> I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
> compile
> on gcc-3.3
>
> So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
> sockets, in c++?

I suggest netclass library. It's multiplatform socket, thread library.
http://netclass.sourceforge.net/

--
Gregor Razdrtic [Mufe]
(E-Mail Removed)

T. Nitschke

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
> a socket class for c++?
> I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
> The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
> I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
> compile
> on gcc-3.3
>
> So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
> sockets, in c++?

http://www.alhem.net/Sockets/index.html

groleo@gmail.com

Thanks.

I'll try both of them, and see which one suits my
needs.

Drakan

<(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi.
>
> I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
> a socket class for c++?
> I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
> The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
> I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
> compile
> on gcc-3.3
>
> So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
> sockets, in c++?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fedlibrary/

Alex Vinokur

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi.
>
> I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
> a socket class for c++?
> I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
> The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
> I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
> compile
> on gcc-3.3
>
> So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
> sockets, in c++?

C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Winbatch

> C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/

Alex,

Have you tried to compile this on SUN? I get:
make
------------------
rm -f sockets.o
CC -I. -w -D__UNIX__ -DSCREEN_LOG=1 -DMILESTONE_LOG=1 -DTRACE_LOG=0 -c
sockets.cpp
"sockets.h", line 116: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
"sockets.h", line 121: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
"sockets.cpp", line 107: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
"sockets.cpp", line 357: Error: INADDR_NONE is not defined.
4 Error(s) detected.

Alex Vinokur

"Winbatch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:6VI4e.41160$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/
> >

> Alex,
>
> Have you tried to compile this on SUN? I get:
> make
> ------------------
> rm -f sockets.o
> CC -I. -w -D__UNIX__ -DSCREEN_LOG=1 -DMILESTONE_LOG=1 -DTRACE_LOG=0 -c
> sockets.cpp
> "sockets.h", line 116: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
> accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
> "sockets.h", line 121: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
> accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
> "sockets.cpp", line 107: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
> accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
> "sockets.cpp", line 357: Error: INADDR_NONE is not defined.
> 4 Error(s) detected.

Hi,

I have compile that with compiler GNU g++ 3.3.1 on Windows in Cygwin environment (UNIX-like OS).
There were no problems.
I didn't compile it on SUN.

Could you compile that with GNU g++?

Also please look on lines 100-106 in "sockets.h".

Which typedef is actually applied in your system?

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Kirienko Kirienko is offline
Junior Member

Try NetLink Sockets C++ Library.

The easiest to use and also the more logical. You can do everything in a very easy way (you can check out the examples in its website). You should give it a try.

Features (got from the website):
  • Cross Platform (Linux, OSX, Windows Vista/7)
  • Easy to use
  • Powerful
  • Supports both Ip4 and Ip6
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call) System
Project site:
http ://sourceforge . net/projects/netlinksockets
Examples of use:
http ://netlinksockets . sourceforge. net
(Sorry I can not post links)