Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Error: static overlap

Error: static overlap

News

Hi all,

Need some help on PIX.

I have an email server that will be hosting a second domain name. Domain 1
is working fine. When I want to put it a 2nd static, it says it say Error:
static overlap.

i am new to PIX and is still learning.

any help is much appreciated.

Blackpat

can you send the config?

generally when you have this error, you try to make static with one or more
same ip
for example :

192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
192.168.1.5 255.255.255.255

no need the second line, already include in the first

regards

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bejc3g$14f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Need some help on PIX.
>
> I have an email server that will be hosting a second domain name. Domain 1
> is working fine. When I want to put it a 2nd static, it says it say Error:
> static overlap.
>
> i am new to PIX and is still learning.
>
> any help is much appreciated.

Walter Roberson

In article <bejc3g$14f$(E-Mail Removed)>,
News <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Need some help on PIX.

:I have an email server that will be hosting a second domain name. Domain 1
:is working fine. When I want to put it a 2nd static, it says it say Error:
:static overlap.

You cannot static multiple public IP addresses to the same
private IP address.

You have two choices that I can think of:

1) Modify the DNS entries to point to the same public address
and set up virtual WWW servers; or

2) Add a second NIC to the server with a second address
[Note: depending on the OS, this might not be possible unless
the second address is in a different subnet than the first
address.]
--
I don't know if there's destiny,
but there's a decision! -- Wim Wenders (WoD)

Rik Bain

or

3.) add second IP address to existing NIC

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:30:48 -0500, Walter Roberson wrote:

> In article <bejc3g$14f$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> News <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :Need some help on PIX.
>
> :I have an email server that will be hosting a second domain name. Domain 1
> :is working fine. When I want to put it a 2nd static, it says it say Error:
> :static overlap.
>
> You cannot static multiple public IP addresses to the same
> private IP address.
>
> You have two choices that I can think of:
>
> 1) Modify the DNS entries to point to the same public address
> and set up virtual WWW servers; or
>
> 2) Add a second NIC to the server with a second address
> [Note: depending on the OS, this might not be possible unless
> the second address is in a different subnet than the first
> address.]

Michael Hatzis

Hi All,

Or you could just use host headers for your web site, its a perfectly
acceptable method of hosting multiple websites on 1 ip address.

Mike

IP address overlap nkingcade Cisco 4 06-07-2009 09:50 AM
channel overlap Dave Wireless Networking 1 01-02-2006 10:07 PM
MPLS -- Central Service VPN Topology overlap IP Address Space Question. Victor Cappuccio Cisco 1 01-05-2005 07:57 PM
components overlap =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?= ASP .Net 0 07-29-2004 06:50 PM
Cisco PIX - VPN & IP overlap Alabama Circus Cisco 1 06-22-2004 05:58 PM

Advertisments