Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Disassembly in g++ ?

Disassembly in g++ ?

chetan.patil@gmail.com

Hello,

I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
a cpp source program with g++.

Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

> I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
> a cpp source program with g++.

See the -S command line option. Also, consider next time posting to
gnu.g++.help newsgroup. Your question is off-topic here. Thanks.

invincible

objdump -d executable_filename

Mohan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
> a cpp source program with g++.
>
> Thanks.

invincible

readelf exe_fname

mohan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
> a cpp source program with g++.
>
> Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

invincible wrote:
> readelf exe_fname
>
> mohan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I was thinking if their is a way to get the generated assembly code for
>>a cpp source program with g++.

>>Thanks.

I tried both your suggestions (readelf and objdump) and neither worked on
my _source_program_. Besides, they both seem to be *not* g++... Makes me
wonder whether you read the message before replying. Probably not because
in that case you'd be replying *below* the message not *above* it. Of
course I can be easily mistaken. In that case, sorry.