Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Strange email address

Strange email address

Crimarc

why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
change mine too but that's impossible!!

Thank you

Niels Dybdahl

> why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
> change mine too but that's impossible!!

No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

Niels Dybdahl

Rolf Magnus

Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>> why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
>> change mine too but that's impossible!!

> No, it is not impossible. You can enter any email address you want.
> How should any software know what your correct email address is ?

The mail servers of some internet providers will just overwrite whatever
email address you put in the From: field. Maybe there are news servers that
do the same.

Will Twentyman

Crimarc wrote:
> why and how can people here have weird email addresses ?? I tried to
> change mine too but that's impossible!!

First step: don't use google for posting. Google enforces correct email
addresses as part of how it identifies you. Other usenet sources do not
require that. I pay $9.95 for copper.net internet access, including
usenet feeds, and post with Thunderbird. That is just one combination
to get the effect you see.

--
Will Twentyman
email: wtwentyman at copper dot net