Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > trees in c++

trees in c++

sivakumar

Do we have any standard library for Binary trees in c++. If so what
all the functions it provides. and how does the constructor and the
member fuctions be invoked on?

Ron Natalie

sivakumar wrote:
> Do we have any standard library for Binary trees in c++. If so what
> all the functions it provides. and how does the constructor and the
> member fuctions be invoked on?

While it doesn't come out and say it, the std::set and map, the constraints
put on the behavior of the std::set and map classes pretty much means they
have to be implemented with some tree variant. Most implementations I
know of use a red-black tree.

The implementation details are delightfully hidden from the user.

Binary search trees (AVL trees) jacob navia C Programming 34 01-08-2010 07:27 PM
B+-trees Rico Java 10 08-02-2004 03:32 PM
Trees in the Java Collections framework Joona I Palaste Java 5 06-09-2004 10:42 AM
Binary Trees jova Java 11 04-26-2004 06:41 AM
Trees in java Pif Java 1 04-06-2004 11:48 AM

Advertisments