Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > HOW TO HANDLE CONTROL_LOGOFF_EVENT handler

HOW TO HANDLE CONTROL_LOGOFF_EVENT handler

Zafar

Hi All,

One of my services is killed when i log off from my Win XP/2000
machine, i.e., it is removed from the list of running processes in the
Task Manager . It needs to be restarted manually again after a login.

I did some investigation and found that this was due to the
"CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT" passed by the
JVM(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/to...n32/java.html). It
further said to use the -Xrs option to ignore such events.

Can someone please tell me how to use this option correctly? Its really
urgent, and I am currently at my wits end,so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks In advance,
Zafar

Ioannis Vranos

Zafar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> One of my services is killed when i log off from my Win XP/2000
> machine, i.e., it is removed from the list of running processes in the
> Task Manager . It needs to be restarted manually again after a login.
>
> I did some investigation and found that this was due to the
> "CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT" passed by the
> JVM(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/to...n32/java.html). It
> further said to use the -Xrs option to ignore such events.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to use this option correctly? Its really
> urgent, and I am currently at my wits end,so any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Tell us Jafar, are you using your glasses? How did you confuse a C++
newsgroup for a Java one?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys