Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Failover and Load Balance Solution

Failover and Load Balance Solution

Michael Shiah

Hi all,

Our company has a web server(IIS) presenting our products. Now We're
gonna install two web servers and setup a new environment as follows:

1. We wanna an environment which has failover function between the two
servers.
2. We wanna an environment which has STATEFUL failover function
between the two servers.
3. We wanna an environment which has load balance function between the
two server.

Can anyone give me some advise to the solutions above? Please can you
list the MINIMUM solution dedicated to each requirement for cost down.
Any solution is welcome, not only Cisco solution.

Regards,

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Michael Shiah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Our company has a web server(IIS) presenting our products. Now We're
:gonna install two web servers and setup a new environment as follows:

:1. We wanna an environment which has failover function between the two
:servers.
:2. We wanna an environment which has STATEFUL failover function
:between the two servers.
:3. We wanna an environment which has load balance function between the
:two server.

:Can anyone give me some advise to the solutions above?

Generally speaking, the Cisco solution to those tasks would be
the CSS series such as the CSS 11050. There is a comparison chart
of the models at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/...it/2193_pp.htm

As, though, you asked for the "MINIMAL" solution, you may wish to
look into Microsoft's own clustering software. I seem to recall
reading recently that some people consider that software to be
less reliable than they might hope, but reliability was not
one of the factors you asked us to consider in presenting the
"minimal" solutions.
--
Perposterous!! Where would all the calculators go?!

Michael Hatzis

You could probable look at the cisco localdirector 417 as well,
cheaper alternative, but does not do caching. also i think the
css11050 has reached EOL

Mike

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...g/ld417ovr.htm