Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > 'CString' : undeclared identifier

'CString' : undeclared identifier

Javier

Hi

I'm newbie with C++/ADO and I'm (trying) to develop a littl app with
VC++ 6 that connects with MSDE using ADO.

At compile time I receive a lot of messages that say: 'CString' :
undeclared identifier. Surely, I've not the corresponding include
statement, but...which is the include I should place there ?

Now I've:

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <sstream>

Which one should I add ?

Thanks in advance

Jens Marder

Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
available to CString, including the ".h" include file
it's declared in.

"Javier" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:cucodj$q22$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi
>
> I'm newbie with C++/ADO and I'm (trying) to develop a littl app with VC++
> 6 that connects with MSDE using ADO.
>
> At compile time I receive a lot of messages that say: 'CString' :
> undeclared identifier. Surely, I've not the corresponding include
> statement, but...which is the include I should place there ?
>
> Now I've:
>
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string>
> #include <iostream.h>
> #include <sstream>
>

> Which one should I add ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Javier

Jens Marder wrote:
> Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
> the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
> available to CString, including the ".h" include file
> it's declared in.

Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...

Any other idea ?

Thanks in advance

Shezan Baig

Javier wrote:
> Jens Marder wrote:
> > Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
> > the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
> > available to CString, including the ".h" include file
> > it's declared in.
> >

> Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...
>
> Any other idea ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Try afxwin.h

Hope this helps,
-shez-

Jens Marder

"Javier" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:cucqpm$2vg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jens Marder wrote:
>> Put your cursor over the text of CString and press
>> the "F1" key. MSDN Help will show you the info
>> available to CString, including the ".h" include file
>> it's declared in.
>>

> Thanks for your reply but I've not MSDN installed (and no CD)...
>
> Any other idea ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Are you joking ??
The Compiler is USELESS without MSDN!
If you've got no MSDN CDs, buy yourself
a copy (or "borrow" them somewhere)

jak jak is offline
Junior Member

The header file you were after was, #include <atlstr.h>