Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > tacacs+ snmp accouning

tacacs+ snmp accouning

Oliver Schlosser

Hello all,

i have installed a tacacs server to do all console and tty accounting and
authorization.

Does anybody know how to configure tacacs authorization for snmp. I need
this to monitor the changes witch are done by
snmp for example from cisco view !.

I need that for IOS and Catos.

thanks

oliver

wineguyatl@hotmail.com

I don't think you can get tacacs Auth for snmp writes. I did a quick
search of the docs and nothing jumped out.

I would suggest setting up a syslog server and have your
routers/switches write back to it.

For windows www.kiwisyslog.com has a great syslog server, linux has a
syslog server built-in.

gets via the RW snmp server community statment are recoreded in the
logging buffer in IOS as shown below:

"%SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET: SNMP WriteNet request. Writing current
configuration"

CatIos gives something like:
"SYS-6:Global block changed by SNMP/"

You might need to make some changes in both the IOS and CatIOS to make
sure certain "logging" and "facility" levels are adjusted to log the
changes. The CatIos is a little more tricky.

Another safe guard would be to limit snmp access to the device via an
access list. This way only a specific ip address can access via snmp.

"Oliver Schlosser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bea1mb$9kd$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>...
> Hello all,
>
> i have installed a tacacs server to do all console and tty accounting and
> authorization.
>
> Does anybody know how to configure tacacs authorization for snmp. I need
> this to monitor the changes witch are done by
> snmp for example from cisco view !.
>
> I need that for IOS and Catos.

SNMP module to query net-snmp milaus Perl Misc 3 08-31-2006 03:31 PM
SNMP Agent development Ofer Razon Perl 1 06-01-2004 09:49 PM
Net::SNMP dies on any OID error and doesn't return other possibly good values dan byers Perl 1 03-06-2004 09:50 AM
SNMP - Cisco - SNMP news.easynews.com Cisco 0 03-04-2004 10:44 PM
Re: Net::SNMP - returning huge hex for opaque value dna Perl 0 10-20-2003 02:41 PM

Advertisments