Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > borland builder C++ - wait() ??

borland builder C++ - wait() ??

galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl

hello,
I'd like to use function similar to wait(milisecond) because i'd like to
wait some time and do nothing .... what function I should use ?

Matthias

galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl wrote:
> hello,
> I'd like to use function similar to wait(milisecond) because i'd like to
> wait some time and do nothing .... what function I should use ?

I think you are looking for sleep(seconds).

--
Regards,
Matthias

Basil

"galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cu2mcd$4up$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> hello,
> I'd like to use function similar to wait(milisecond) because i'd like to
> wait some time and do nothing .... what function I should use ?

Use Sleep. This is Win API function.

The Sleep function suspends the execution of the current thread for a
specified interval.

VOID Sleep(
DWORD dwMilliseconds // sleep time in milliseconds
);

Parameters

dwMilliseconds

Specifies the time, in milliseconds, for which to suspend execution. A
value of zero causes the thread to relinquish the remainder of its
time slice to any other thread of equal priority that is ready to run.
If there are no other threads of equal priority ready to run, the
function returns immediately, and the thread continues execution. A
value of INFINITE causes an infinite delay.

Return Values

This function does not return a value.

Thank
Basil