Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken?

Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken?

Jeremy McNamara

Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.

Jeremy McNamara

Bernie wrote:
> The network configuration menu ("Settings" key -> "3" key) of my Cisco
> 7960 is broken: only "1 DHCP", "2 BOOT Server NO" and "MAC Address"
> appears - nothing else. There is no way to change the IP address or
> anything else. The phone is rebooting again and again.
> **#** didn't help, nor did pressing "Factory"
>
> Can anyone help, please? Has the phone lost part of its firmware? If
> this is the case, how can it be reloaded again?
>
> Thanks
> Bernie

Bernie

Jeremy McNamara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<B_5Ka.33655$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com >...
> Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
> version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.
>
> Jeremy McNamara

Thanks, Jeremy, for your fast reply. How can I get an "unbroken"
bootload into that phone? Is the bootload you mentioned pure software,
which can be reloaded again?

Now, I have set up a DHCP server that distributes IP addresses and
added a scope option "150 TFTP Server IP Address" = CallManager's IP
address (I am not sure about 003 Router and 066 Boot Server Host
Name). So far the "broken" 7960 phone doesn't change its behavior. In
its menu: "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "2 Network Statistics" there are
some receive (Rcv) and transmit (Xmt) activities.

In "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "3 Firmware Versions" the same
information shows up as on other, working 7960 phones.

The TFTP server seems to be ok on my CallManager, since other phones
are working.

I didn't change anything in my CallManager Administation's Device
Defaults Configuration (default load IP Phone 7960: P00303010102)

Thanks in advance,
Bernie

Jeremy McNamara

I can't help you much with the Call Manager stuff... After writing a
billing system for it, I decided never to look at any of that crap ever
again.

Jeremy McNamara