Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ property file

C++ property file

Hongyu

I am wondering whether there is any C++ template class somewhere that
is able to read input parameters in a similar fasion like the property
files in Java.

Also, any class avaliable similar to the Getopt package in Perl?
Thanks!

Jonathan Turkanis

Hongyu wrote:
> I am wondering whether there is any C++ template class somewhere that
> is able to read input parameters in a similar fasion like the property
> files in Java.
>
> Also, any class avaliable similar to the Getopt package in Perl?
> Thanks!

You might look at the new Boost Program Options library:

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/program_options.html

Jonathan

Hongyu

Thanks, Jonathan. I do like those libaries from Boost.

On the other hand, sometimes I need to feed more than a couple of
parameters to my C++ program, which can be awkward just using command
options. My current solution is to use a XML file to wrap those
parameters.

Jonathan Turkanis

Hongyu wrote:
> Thanks, Jonathan. I do like those libaries from Boost.
>
> On the other hand, sometimes I need to feed more than a couple of
> parameters to my C++ program, which can be awkward just using command
> options. My current solution is to use a XML file to wrap those
> parameters.

The program_options library also supports config files.

Jonathan