Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Wrong Book References in Practice Tests in Training Kit

Wrong Book References in Practice Tests in Training Kit

CJH

I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with the Microsoft Training Kit.
I've uncovered questions that were wrong, explanations that were wrong and
now I'm finding that the book references that are listed in the practice
tests (within the explanation you see when you get a question wrong) are all
pointing to a book THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE TRAINING KIT!

We paid good money for the 4-book MCSA/MCSE Training Kit. Why do the
references in the practise tests....the references that are supposed to help
you study more to pass the exam...point to a completely different book that
isn't in the kit???

J. Clarke

"CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with the Microsoft Training
> Kit. I've uncovered questions that were wrong, explanations that were
> wrong and now I'm finding that the book references that are listed in the
> practice tests (within the explanation you see when you get a question
> wrong) are all pointing to a book THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE TRAINING KIT!
>
> We paid good money for the 4-book MCSA/MCSE Training Kit. Why do the
> references in the practise tests....the references that are supposed to
> help you study more to pass the exam...point to a completely different
> book that isn't in the kit???

Because you're training to be a system administrator and as such you should
have that book and not just a training kit.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

CJH

That's not a valid explanation, since I'm training to pass the exam. I am
already a system administrator.

If the book is truly needed to pass the exam, then it should be included
with the Kit, as the kit is, supposedly designed so as to help pass the
exam.

"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Because you're training to be a system administrator and as such you
> should
> have that book and not just a training kit.
>
> --
> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

J. Clarke

"CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> That's not a valid explanation, since I'm training to pass the exam.

If you're training solely to pass an exam then you're looking at the wrong
materials.

> I am already a system administrator.

Then you should have equivalent references and know them well enough to find
the relevant material.

> If the book is truly needed to pass the exam, then it should be included
> with the Kit, as the kit is, supposedly designed so as to help pass the
> exam.

One does not need a book to pass the exams, one needs the knowledge that is
contained in books, and other knowledge besides.

> "J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Because you're training to be a system administrator and as such you
>> should
>> have that book and not just a training kit.
>>
>> --
>> --John
>> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
>> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

T-Bone

"CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with the Microsoft Training
> Kit. I've uncovered questions that were wrong, explanations that were
> wrong and now I'm finding that the book references that are listed in the
> practice tests

Check the errata on their website for corrections to the book.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

CJH

I did. None are listed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with the Microsoft Training
>> Kit. I've uncovered questions that were wrong, explanations that were
>> wrong and now I'm finding that the book references that are listed in the
>> practice tests

> Check the errata on their website for corrections to the book.
> --
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

CJH

> "CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>
>> That's not a valid explanation, since I'm training to pass the exam.

> If you're training solely to pass an exam then you're looking at the wrong
> materials.

Really. Then why is the kit labeled "MCSA, MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit?"
Why are there numerous tips and references as to how to pass the exam.

>> I am already a system administrator.

> Then you should have equivalent references and know them well enough to
> find
> the relevant material.

You must work for a company that is willing to spend the money to provide
their administrators with all the references they need. I do not work for
such a company. The training kit I mentioned in the original post is what
they provided.

>> If the book is truly needed to pass the exam, then it should be included
>> with the Kit, as the kit is, supposedly designed so as to help pass the
>> exam.

> One does not need a book to pass the exams, one needs the knowledge that
> is
> contained in books, and other knowledge besides.

Right. Whatever.

J. Clarke

"CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>> "CJH" <chaselton AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>>
>>> That's not a valid explanation, since I'm training to pass the exam.

>> If you're training solely to pass an exam then you're looking at the
>> wrong materials.

> Really. Then why is the kit labeled "MCSA, MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit?"
> Why are there numerous tips and references as to how to pass the exam.

What part of "solely" do you not understand?

>>> I am already a system administrator.

>> Then you should have equivalent references and know them well enough to
>> find
>> the relevant material.
>>

> You must work for a company that is willing to spend the money to provide
> their administrators with all the references they need. I do not work for
> such a company. The training kit I mentioned in the original post is what
> they provided.

Well, actually I buy the references I need and take them with me when I
change jobs, but if your company won't buy the references that it needs in
order to allow its administrators to do their job, but will buy a
self-paced training kit then there is something badly wrong with the
management.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

CJH

"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> If you're training solely to pass an exam then you're looking at the
>>> wrong materials.

>> Really. Then why is the kit labeled "MCSA, MCSE Self-Paced Training
>> Kit?"
>> Why are there numerous tips and references as to how to pass the exam.

> What part of "solely" do you not understand?

None of it. However, I think you either don't understand my comment, or you
are deliberately posting obsfucating information.
You stated if I was "training solely to pass the exam, then you're looking
at the wrong materials". I am, at this point, training solely to pass the
exams. I understood "the wrong materials" as referring to the training kit.
Which makes no sense because they are labeled and advertised as materials to
help pass the exams.

>>> Then you should have equivalent references and know them well enough to
>>> find
>>> the relevant material.
>>>

>> You must work for a company that is willing to spend the money to provide
>> their administrators with all the references they need. I do not work for
>> such a company. The training kit I mentioned in the original post is
>> what
>> they provided.

> Well, actually I buy the references I need and take them with me when I
> change jobs, but if your company won't buy the references that it needs in
> order to allow its administrators to do their job, but will buy a
> self-paced training kit then there is something badly wrong with the
> management.

You are absolutely right. There is something wrong with the management
where I work. Which is the reason why I am training solely to pass the
exams right now; I am looking to work for new management at a different
position.