Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Checking System Memory In Windows 98

Checking System Memory In Windows 98

=?Utf-8?B?VGVxbHVtcA==?=

Can someone tell me at least two ways to check system memory on a Windows 98
machine? I know one way is to right click My Computer and select Properties
then look on the General tab. There has to be one more way to check this from
inside Windows 98.

Bob Christian

Though you are in the wrong newsgroup, if you are looking for support...
I will assume that you are taking a Windows 98 test for your Microsoft
Certifications or some other certification...

Start...Settings...Control Panel...System

Start...Run... Type in "command" minus the quotes.
"mem" (or "mem /c /p" )
This, however, will not return an accurate figure if the system has more
than 64MB of RAM in it.

If you have Office, you can bring up the Help...About Microsoft Office.
Click the System Info button.

Belarc Advisor (www.belarc.com) will give you more than you could want to
know about a system. It might not work on 98...but it used to do it quite
nicely.

Cheers,

Bob
--
Bob Christian II
MVP - LCS

"Teqlump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me at least two ways to check system memory on a Windows
> 98
> machine? I know one way is to right click My Computer and select
> Properties
> then look on the General tab. There has to be one more way to check this
> from
> inside Windows 98.

Gerard Bok

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:30:02 -0800, "=?Utf-8?B?VGVxbHVtcA==?="
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can someone tell me at least two ways to check system memory on a Windows 98
>machine? I know one way is to right click My Computer and select Properties
>then look on the General tab. There has to be one more way to check this from
>inside Windows 98.

Start - Control Panel - Config - System (opens the same screen)
Start - Run - DXDiag
Start - Programs - Accessoiries - System - System Info
(Please note: I just guess for these names in an English version.
To lazy to boot a proper W98, just for the names.)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok