Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Out of memory problem

Out of memory problem

bee

Hi,

I have a program that insert a lot of records in to stl:map
<key,value>. I got bad memory allocation in UNIX but I able to run
the insert the same data set in LINUX.

1. How do you increase std:map size or is there an environment
I needed to set?

2. Do I have complier with special option?
I using HP-UX machine.

Thank you,

Victor Bazarov

bee wrote:
> I have a program that insert a lot of records in to stl:map
> <key,value>. I got bad memory allocation in UNIX but I able to run
> the insert the same data set in LINUX.
>
> 1. How do you increase std:map size or is there an environment
> I needed to set?
>
> 2. Do I have complier with special option?
> I using HP-UX machine.

OS-specific questions and issues are discussed in newsgroups dedicated
to the respective OSes. Look in comp.unix.*

Jonathan Mcdougall

bee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a program that insert a lot of records in to stl:map
> <key,value>. I got bad memory allocation in UNIX but I able to run
> the insert the same data set in LINUX.

That must be quite a lot or records. That means you don't have enough
memory to accomodate the data and there's nothing standard C++ can do
for you.

> 1. How do you increase std:map size or is there an environment
> I needed to set?

std::map grows as needed (unless your library is broken).

> 2. Do I have complier with special option?
> I using HP-UX machine.

Dunno, check the documentation.

Jonathan