Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Redirecting stdin/stdout to a GUI widget

Redirecting stdin/stdout to a GUI widget

Michael McGarry

Hi,

How can I redirect stdin/stdout to GUI widgets?

Michael

Sharad Kala

"Michael McGarry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> How can I redirect stdin/stdout to GUI widgets?

What is a GUI widget in Standard C++ ? Please read this -
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt .

Rolf Magnus

Michael McGarry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I redirect stdin/stdout to GUI widgets?

Standard C++ (which is the topic of this newsgroup) doesn't know anything
about widgets. Therefore, it doesn't have any way to do what you want. It's
probably possible on most systems that support GUIs, but how it's to be
done depends on the OS/library/GUI framework you use, so you should ask in
a place devoted to that.

Michael McGarry

I felt this forum was appropriate for this question.

Puppet_Sock

Michael McGarry wrote:
> I felt this forum was appropriate for this question.

When I dream, I have a pony.
Socks

Michael McGarry

Rolf Magnus wrote:
> Michael McGarry wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>How can I redirect stdin/stdout to GUI widgets?

> Standard C++ (which is the topic of this newsgroup) doesn't know anything
> about widgets. Therefore, it doesn't have any way to do what you want. It's
> probably possible on most systems that support GUIs, but how it's to be
> done depends on the OS/library/GUI framework you use, so you should ask in
> a place devoted to that.

A bunch of very helpful fellas on this newsgroup.

Thanks.