Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Microsft Visual Studio.NET: How to add a directory structure to a project/workspace

Microsft Visual Studio.NET: How to add a directory structure to a project/workspace

Jignesh

Can someone please tell me how to "import" a directory structure into
a project in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003. I have an extremeley
complex directory structure consisting of thousands of files and
hundreds of subdirectories. I want to be able to view all of these
inside of my project in the same directory structure format. I don't
want to go through each directory and add files to the project.

I have been able to do this with other programs such as Visual
Slickedit. Is it possible with Visual Studio?

Thanks,

Jignesh

Jack Klein

On 14 Dec 2004 21:33:31 -0800, "Jignesh" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> Can someone please tell me how to "import" a directory structure into
> a project in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003. I have an extremeley
> complex directory structure consisting of thousands of files and
> hundreds of subdirectories. I want to be able to view all of these
> inside of my project in the same directory structure format. I don't
> want to go through each directory and add files to the project.
>
> I have been able to do this with other programs such as Visual
> Slickedit. Is it possible with Visual Studio?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jignesh

Ask in:

The C++ language does not specify the workings of specific compilers
or IDE's.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Saurabh Aggrawal

I tried to do same sometime back but could not find a workaround for
this problem. I think this is a problem with both VC++ 6.0 IDE and VC++
7.1 IDE. Better you do it manually.
Or try to use some other editor like SlickEdit.

--
Saurabh Aggrawal