Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exam 70-315

Reply
Thread Tools

Exam 70-315

 
 
Amar Kapadia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2005
Hello Everyone:

Gosh, I think I know the answer here, but just wanted to know for sure (as
always thanks in advance for any comments and if I have posted in a wrong
forum, please advice and I will repost). Okay here is my concern. I have
decided to get my MCAD but am learning this entirely on my own. I've bought
the book from Amit Kalani (70-315 Training Guide), I have VS 2003 installed
on my laptop and I also have SQL 2000 from my Office XP Developer edition I
bought awhile ago. Everything is great. I love the book and work through
all the exercises, highlight and summarize all the chapters. I also come up
with various exercises on my own and try to program them out to completion.
Just small stuff, but helps to reinforce what I have learned. I try to
apply what I learn to small little web pages at work to help there.

I was never a really good student so I am really taking a long time with
this. I started this venture last November and here we are a year later and
I am only on chapter 6 of the book. But the book has done an excellent job
teaching me and I am very proud of myself that C# is coming pretty easy to
me (although event delegates will always be a challenge!!) considering at
work all I do is program in VBA in Microsoft Access. Granted I am not a
full time student nor do I take that attitude with this, I just try to spend
at least 2 hours on the weekend and at least one night a week to studying.
Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I really concentrate mostly on doing
hands on rather than the book stuff. Sorry about all that...here is my
concern:

I do plan on someday taking 70-315 but there is just so much information in
this book that I have to wonder does this exam really cover everything in
the 70-315 Training Guide? Can it be that cruel??

I mean I am not even half way through this book and I think I have learned a
whole semester's worth of material. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have to just grin
and bear it through the remaining chapters but man serious kudo's to all
those who have passed this exam. Even after I am finished with the book and
still then have to learn and review all my notes from all the chapters. It
is going to be really tough I think.

I only hope that Windows Form exam goes a bit easier only because this time
I won't have to concentrate on learning C# as much as I have been getting a
decent foundation via 70-315.

Okay, that's it...probably no question here...just a ramble...I'll go back
to learning!

Amar



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QmrDtnJuIE9sc3Nvbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Hi Amar.

Try reading the exam cram series instead, they are more down to earth.

--
Best regards Björn Olsson
Head of Technology
Centre for Business Solutions
Gothenburg School of Economics and Commercial Law


"Amar Kapadia" wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> Gosh, I think I know the answer here, but just wanted to know for sure (as
> always thanks in advance for any comments and if I have posted in a wrong
> forum, please advice and I will repost). Okay here is my concern. I have
> decided to get my MCAD but am learning this entirely on my own. I've bought
> the book from Amit Kalani (70-315 Training Guide), I have VS 2003 installed
> on my laptop and I also have SQL 2000 from my Office XP Developer edition I
> bought awhile ago. Everything is great. I love the book and work through
> all the exercises, highlight and summarize all the chapters. I also come up
> with various exercises on my own and try to program them out to completion.
> Just small stuff, but helps to reinforce what I have learned. I try to
> apply what I learn to small little web pages at work to help there.
>
> I was never a really good student so I am really taking a long time with
> this. I started this venture last November and here we are a year later and
> I am only on chapter 6 of the book. But the book has done an excellent job
> teaching me and I am very proud of myself that C# is coming pretty easy to
> me (although event delegates will always be a challenge!!) considering at
> work all I do is program in VBA in Microsoft Access. Granted I am not a
> full time student nor do I take that attitude with this, I just try to spend
> at least 2 hours on the weekend and at least one night a week to studying.
> Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I really concentrate mostly on doing
> hands on rather than the book stuff. Sorry about all that...here is my
> concern:
>
> I do plan on someday taking 70-315 but there is just so much information in
> this book that I have to wonder does this exam really cover everything in
> the 70-315 Training Guide? Can it be that cruel??
>
> I mean I am not even half way through this book and I think I have learned a
> whole semester's worth of material. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have to just grin
> and bear it through the remaining chapters but man serious kudo's to all
> those who have passed this exam. Even after I am finished with the book and
> still then have to learn and review all my notes from all the chapters. It
> is going to be really tough I think.
>
> I only hope that Windows Form exam goes a bit easier only because this time
> I won't have to concentrate on learning C# as much as I have been getting a
> decent foundation via 70-315.
>
> Okay, that's it...probably no question here...just a ramble...I'll go back
> to learning!
>
> Amar
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
TechGeekPro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
On Nov 13, 2005 at 5:29am "Bjrn Olsson" blathered:

> Try reading the exam cram series instead, they are more down to earth.


I concur. The Exam Cram books were great but they weren't very comprehensive.
You'll have to obtain some knowledge from other sources as well, especially
from hands on experience.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com
When the only tool you own is a hammer,
every problem begins to resemble a nail.
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QmrDtnJuIE9sc3Nvbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
I agree 100% but I thought the idea of reading a book before the
certification day was to cap averything up. I dont recommend anyone not
having at least 1 year of work experience from trying to pass the
certification. And if you have at least one year of experience your bound to
have read at least one or two books on the subject. By then you need a book
that is precise.

--
Best regards Björn Olsson
Head of Technology
Centre for Business Solutions
Gothenburg School of Economics and Commercial Law


"TechGeekPro" wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2005 at 5:29am "Björn Olsson" blathered:
>
> > Try reading the exam cram series instead, they are more down to earth.

>
> I concur. The Exam Cram books were great but they weren't very comprehensive.
> You'll have to obtain some knowledge from other sources as well, especially
> from hands on experience.
>
> --
> TGP MCNGP #100100
> http://www.mcngp.com
> When the only tool you own is a hammer,
> every problem begins to resemble a nail.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments