Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Changing monitor refresh rate programatically, WinXP

Changing monitor refresh rate programatically, WinXP

Ryan Stewart

Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under Windows
XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

David White

"Ryan Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under

Windows
> XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
> to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
> I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

DW

Ryan Stewart

"David White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mP6td.3921$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ryan Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under

> Windows
>> XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets
>> itself
>> to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
>> I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
>
> DW

Oops, forgot about that. I apologize. I'm used to Java groups which are
multiplatform by nature.

Jacek Dziedzic

Ryan Stewart wrote:

> Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under Windows
> XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
> to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
> I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

I see, but you're in a completely wrong newsgroup for that. In here
we only deal with the C++ language itself, as dictated by the
Holy Standard and we are quite picky about it.

You'd be better off asking in some windows newsgroup.

<OT> Hint: Does right-clicking on the desktop and invoking
"Refresh" fix it? If so, it should not be hard to program it </OT>

HTH,
- J.