Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Managing System Errors!!

Managing System Errors!!

David Nnyari

i!!
Am a system administrator at a certain organization. Am a trying to find a
means to track all error messages generated from Windows opeating system
servers( error can also come from Windows 2000). I want those error messages
generated to be directed/sent to my microsoft outlook address so that I
can address/attend them quickly due to the fact that am administering
several servers!! Can I have the assistance from you on this matter!!
Regards David

Vincent Lape

You could use snmp traps, Use KIWI syslog Daemon and create a rule to email
events
"David Nnyari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> i!!
> Am a system administrator at a certain organization. Am a trying to find a
> means to track all error messages generated from Windows opeating system
> servers( error can also come from Windows 2000). I want those error
> messages
> generated to be directed/sent to my microsoft outlook address so that I
> can address/attend them quickly due to the fact that am administering
> several servers!! Can I have the assistance from you on this matter!!
> Regards David

Vittorio Pavesi

David Nnyari ha scritto:
> i!!
> Am a system administrator at a certain organization. Am a trying to find a
> means to track all error messages generated from Windows opeating system
> servers( error can also come from Windows 2000). I want those error messages
> generated to be directed/sent to my microsoft outlook address so that I
> can address/attend them quickly due to the fact that am administering
> several servers!! Can I have the assistance from you on this matter!!
> Regards David

Take a look on http://healthmonitor.sourceforge.net, it forward all the
events to you by e-mail or SMS.

Vittorio Pavesi