Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Plugin-able application

Plugin-able application

m@j3R ;

Hi

I have read a lot of fragmentary explains of howto develop plugin-able
application under MSWin (main application + dll's as plugins). The
problem is that everything I found is fragmentary and I can't put it
together.

If you know how to develop such application please put here complete
source code. I think it will be VERY helpful for beginners like me and
for next generations

Thanks in advance.
m@j3R

Karthik Kumar

m@j3R ; wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have read a lot of fragmentary explains of howto develop plugin-able
> application under MSWin (main application + dll's as plugins). The
> problem is that everything I found is fragmentary and I can't put it
> together.
>
> If you know how to develop such application please put here complete
> source code. I think it will be VERY helpful for beginners like me and
> for next generations
>
> Thanks in advance.
> m@j3R

This is off-topic here. We do not discuss it here.

Probably this is more appropriate to a Windows
specific newsgroup.

--
Karthik.
' Remove _nospamplz from my email to mail me. '

Kevin Drapel

m@j3R ; a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have read a lot of fragmentary explains of howto develop plugin-able
> application under MSWin (main application + dll's as plugins). The
> problem is that everything I found is fragmentary and I can't put it
> together.
>
> If you know how to develop such application please put here complete
> source code. I think it will be VERY helpful for beginners like me and
> for next generations
>
> Thanks in advance.
> m@j3R

This could be somehow useful :

http://www.unitedbytes.de/go.php?site=spl

Gianni Mariani

m@j3R ; wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have read a lot of fragmentary explains of howto develop plugin-able
> application under MSWin (main application + dll's as plugins). The
> problem is that everything I found is fragmentary and I can't put it
> together.
>
> If you know how to develop such application please put here complete
> source code. I think it will be VERY helpful for beginners like me and
> for next generations

Austria C++ has a generic factory mechanism that will work with DLL's
(and dso's). You have to figure out how to load the DLL (or dso) at run
time.