Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Can anyone recommend a good course??

Can anyone recommend a good course??

Gil

I was looking for a good advanced programming course covering
Object Oriented Programming and C++ in Germany.

Can anyone recommend a good course?

Thank you,

Gil

Sharad Kala

"Gil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> I was looking for a good advanced programming course covering
> Object Oriented Programming and C++ in Germany.

Check http://www.josuttis.com now that you are in Germany. His book is an
indispensable resource for C++ programmers.

Sharad

puppet_sock@hotmail.com

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gil) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I was looking for a good advanced programming course covering
> Object Oriented Programming and C++ in Germany.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good course?

You will likely get more, and better, help if you post something on
a Germany specific news group. Or check out your local google,
probably www.google.de.

For C++ starters I suggest Koenig and Moo _Accelerated C++_ as
the first book. And you should pick up a copy of _The C++ Prog.
Language_ by Bjarne Stroustrup. Get the latest version.

You probably want to take a C++ course *and* an object oriented
design course. Each topic is big enough, and has enough material
that does not fit well in a course on the other, that you would
benefit from two courses. For example, C++ has many features that
don't fit well under OO notions. Though you can do a reasonable
job designing OO to be implemented in C++.
Socks