Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > TCP socket program where each node initiates connection with some nodes and accepts connection with the others

TCP socket program where each node initiates connection with some nodes and accepts connection with the others

Kathryn Bean

I am designing application where each node initiates connection with nodes
and accepts connection with other nodes. This application will be running
on Sun Unix platform. I think each node should perform dual roles, be a
TCP client and a TCP server and executes client and server codes in two
different threads. Is this approach correct? How should my "server" accept
new connections? One node can read several incoming messages and send
messages to different nodes.

Take care.
Kathryn

John Harrison

"Kathryn Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SA5gd.1988$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I am designing application where each node initiates connection with nodes
> and accepts connection with other nodes. This application will be running
> on Sun Unix platform. I think each node should perform dual roles, be a
> TCP client and a TCP server and executes client and server codes in two
> different threads. Is this approach correct? How should my "server"

accept
> new connections? One node can read several incoming messages and send
> messages to different nodes.

This is a C++ newsgroup. You are off topic here (comp.lang.c++), try a
networking group.

john