Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Dynamic analysis tools information

Dynamic analysis tools information

vipindeep

Dear reader,

Are there any widely used dynamic analysis tools which are used for
detecting errors in programming, for example null dereferences,
deadlocks, etc..

Some of the tools which I could know are Daikon, *J, MAc JAVA, Delta
Debuggers. Infact all these tools provide runtime information. Are
there any tools like Purify (in C for memory based errors, array out
of bounds etc).

Can any one give information regarding the runtime analysis tools for
error detection in C++ and JAVA.

Thanks,
Vipin

Thomas Maier-Komor

vipindeep wrote:
> Dear reader,
>
> Are there any widely used dynamic analysis tools which are used for
> detecting errors in programming, for example null dereferences,
> deadlocks, etc..
>
> Some of the tools which I could know are Daikon, *J, MAc JAVA, Delta
> Debuggers. Infact all these tools provide runtime information. Are
> there any tools like Purify (in C for memory based errors, array out
> of bounds etc).
>
> Can any one give information regarding the runtime analysis tools for
> error detection in C++ and JAVA.
>
> Thanks,
> Vipin

All these things depend upon which host/target platform and
architecture you are using... So first of all you should tell us,
which ones you use. Addtionally probably a newsgroup apropriate for
this target would probably give better results to this question.

Tom