Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Multithreading library

Multithreading library

Brzezi

Hi.

I`m mostly java programmer, but I know a C++ too. Now I have to write
multithread application in C++.
Which library for multithread programing would you recomend for me? if you
know that I progrm in java.
Is there any similar to java library?

I wish library would be multiplatform, Windows and Linux are uregent for me
only, if there wouldn`t be any multiplatform, finally it can be for Windows
only...

What do you think about boost-thread?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pozdrawiam
Brzezi
--
[ E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ][ brzezi:~# uptime ]
[ Ekg: #3781111 ][ 15:46:16 up 3 days, 14:44, 6 users, ]

Markus Elfring

> Which library for multithread programing would you recomend for me?

Please choose one from the article
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computer_science)".

Catalin Pitis

"Brzezi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) l...
> Hi.
>
> I`m mostly java programmer, but I know a C++ too. Now I have to write
> multithread application in C++.
> Which library for multithread programing would you recomend for me? if you
> know that I progrm in java.
> Is there any similar to java library?
>
> I wish library would be multiplatform, Windows and Linux are uregent for
> me
> only, if there wouldn`t be any multiplatform, finally it can be for
> Windows
> only...
>
> What do you think about boost-thread?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Boost library is simple and easy to use. It is a very good candidate, since
it provides the basic threading operations support. For advanced concurrent,
distributed programming, you can try ACE library, for example. But I warn
you, is much more complex than boost thread library.

Catalin