Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cookieless sessions

Cookieless sessions

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSC4=?=

Is there any way to have a user use cookieless sessions at runtime on a
case-by-case basis? Or do cookieless sessions have to be turned on globally
in the web.config for all users of the web application?

We are attempting to set an Outlook folder to display a web page (ala
Microsoft CRM 3's Outlook integration), but Outlook's implementation of the
IE browser control appears to force a new session whenever you open a new
browser window from the home page through script with window.open( ) or <a
href=url target=_blank>New Page</a>.

Cookieless sessions appear to fix this problem, but we don't want to make
the change for all of our users because we also are using forms-based
authentication.

FYI, our web app was written in ASP.Net 1.1 but we will be migrating to 2.0
fairly soon, so a solution in either version would be of interest.

Thanks!

Cookieless Sessions (Sessions Without Cookies) and Security scottymo ASP .Net Security 3 09-29-2006 11:00 PM
sessionState cookieless and forms cookieless ravisingh11@gmail.com ASP .Net 2 05-09-2006 11:26 PM
Possible to turn on/off cookieless sessions dynamically on a case by case basis at run-time? Steve Franks ASP .Net 2 06-10-2004 02:04 PM
Cookieless sessions Leigh ASP .Net 4 12-08-2003 09:29 AM
Cookieless Sessions... JV ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 02:36 PM

Advertisments