Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Socket programmin on Sun Computer

Socket programmin on Sun Computer

Kathryn Bean

I am implementing TCP socket connectivity between several nodes running on
Sun platforms. Which function do I need to use to convert from domain name
address to IP address in decimal format.

Thank you in advance.
Kathryn

Shailesh Humbad

Kathryn Bean wrote:
> I am implementing TCP socket connectivity between several nodes running on
> Sun platforms. Which function do I need to use to convert from domain name
> address to IP address in decimal format.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Kathryn

gethostbyname

try "man -k gethost" for others

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=

Kathryn Bean wrote:
> I am implementing TCP socket connectivity between several nodes running on
> Sun platforms. Which function do I need to use to convert from domain name
> address to IP address in decimal format.

inet_ntoa, inet_ntop, gethostbyname/gethostbyaddr
Ask further in comp.unix.programmer

Default User

Kathryn Bean wrote:

> I am implementing TCP socket connectivity between several nodes
> running on Sun platforms. Which function do I need to use to convert
> from domain name address to IP address in decimal format.

Your question is off-topic for this newsgroup. Try:

comp.unix.programmer or comp.unix.solaris

Brian Rodenborn