Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > How to use certificates for L2TP VPN connection

How to use certificates for L2TP VPN connection

Miha

Hi

Since we're using L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key for our company VPN access
(running on Win2003 Standard RRAS) our chief wants to use VPN service with
certificates. We have CA already installed for our local domain (on Win2000
Server).
I'm assuming that a computer certificate needs to be installed on RRAS
server and on a client computer (that is not in domain).

Can anyone please explain or point me how can this be configured on RRAS
server and computers that are not part of our domain?

Andrei Ungureanu

some useful links:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...lientadmin.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../rmotevpn.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...eplyr2rvpn.asp
The last one could be more interesting as it treats the site-to-site
scenario where the computers are not probably in the same domain. Search and
you'll find the right info.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Miha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Since we're using L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key for our company VPN
> access (running on Win2003 Standard RRAS) our chief wants to use VPN
> service with certificates. We have CA already installed for our local
> domain (on Win2000 Server).
> I'm assuming that a computer certificate needs to be installed on RRAS
> server and on a client computer (that is not in domain).
>
> Can anyone please explain or point me how can this be configured on RRAS
> server and computers that are not part of our domain?

Miha

Thanks.
Regards
Miha