Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Changing text color in a game

Changing text color in a game

Alpha

Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
that's it.

However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
how one could change the color of text (that you input).
Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.

I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
would I change the text color?

Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

John Harrison

"Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
> that's it.
>
> However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
> how one could change the color of text (that you input).
> Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
> but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
>
> I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
> would I change the text color?

It might be simple code but it is not standard code. Standard C++ has no
support for changing text colour. However this is being done it is being
done using the underlying platform not by using features built into C++. C++
is very different from Java in this respect.

This group discusses standard C++ only so your question is off topic here.
You should ask this again on a group that discusses whatever platform you
are using. There is a whole lot more information you are going to have to
supply before you can get a useful answer, but the first step is to ask in
the right place.

Have a look in this groups welcome message for some suggestions for places
to ask this question. http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

john

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=

Alpha wrote:
> Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
> that's it.
>
> However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
> how one could change the color of text (that you input).
> Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
> but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
>
> I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
> would I change the text color?
>
> Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

I'd say you have more luck in a specialized newsgroup.
If you're making an MFC app, microsoft.public.vc.mfc,
a win32 app, comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
a unix application , try comp.unix.programmer

Mabden

"Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
> that's it.
>
> However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
> how one could change the color of text (that you input).
> Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
> but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
>
> I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
> would I change the text color?
>
> Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

....ask an Administration member or helper?

--
Mabden