Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Windows Xp

Windows Xp

=?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=

Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How can I
correct this.

Briscobar

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
nanaone <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How
> can I correct this.

Check your Startup folder and the registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

There may be something trying to run on startup that should be located at
the root of C:. Either put the file it's trying to start back there, or
delete the entries in that folder and those keys.

--
KB

MCNGP #26

T-Bone

"nanaone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How can I
> correct this.

I had this problem on my system as well as all my mapped drives were trying
to connect twice. I'll suggest that if you can't find an answer that Google
is your friend. However to save you time, I found the solution here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=899865

I noticed when I was fixing my system, I had userinit entered twice in the
userinit key. I didn't do the second fix as the key mentioned wasn't there.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

=?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=