Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Cool site on Security & Certs

Cool site on Security & Certs

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNvbQ==?=

The Certified Security Professional is an online only magazine featuring a
free & open exchange of security information. We have FREE MONTHLY GIVEAWAYS,
editorial reviews and details on security certifications (Book Smarts), real
world security articles (Street Smarts), forums with prizes for top
contributors, calendar of security related events, books, RSS feeds, awesome
cross reference features and more. Membership earns CISSP CPEs. CSP Online
Mag is industry supported & user driven, plus it's All Free - All The Time!

We're new and growing rapidly. Check it out and let us know what you truly
think. Feedback is always welcomed.
--
Don
Editor - www.certifiedsecuritypro.com

T-Bone

"Don of certifiedsecuritypro.com"
<(E-Mail Removed) t.com> wrote
> The Certified Security Professional is an online only magazine featuring a
> free & open exchange of security information.

Interesting looking, but I don't think a site that offers resources for
hacking is going to allow itself to stand out as a good resource for
reliable information.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNvbQ==?=

Sorry you feel this way, but the term hacking didn't always have a bad rep.
And, although we all know its current usage, numerous well respected people
in the security field, myself included, feel that studying the ways of the
hackers allows us to better protect our networks.

Penetration testers, now being called ethical hackers, I'm sure would also
strongly disagree with you as this is how they legitimately make a living and
provide a great service.

In addition, I think the industry is behind me when all major security
institutes and training facilities offer extensive courses in hacking,
penetration testing and incident response. Also, major government agencies
are strongly encouraging their IT staff to become a CEH (Certified Ethical
Hacker).

So for arguments sake, what would you suggest as a 'good resource for
reliable information' that never mentions the word hacking or never offers
its readers this type of information? I doubt it exists, or if it does, it is
woefully inadequate in preparing security professionals with a real and
accurate picture of today's landscape.

With all respect,
Don