Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Product ID location

Product ID location

=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZVNwaXJpdA==?=

Hi there! I was hoping someone can direct me to find the Product ID code for
installation. I have my original XP CD but have had to replace the harddrive
in my computer, thus a new installation. I have the CD in a white envelope
and not the original case so I do not have that number that was on the
sticker. I need to know where I find that on my CD so I can install this
stupid thing! Please help! I have Windows XP Home Edition with the Service
Pack 1a. It is the only FULL edition that I have, even though I do have the
XP Professional Upgrade but it will not work on the new harddrive
installation.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

The Product Key is not on the CD at all.
The sticker you seem to have misplaced is the only place unless it is still
installed or you wrote it down somewhere.

If Windows XP is retail, contact Microsoft for replacement key:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

If Windows XP is OEM, contact the seller.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"FreeSpirit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there! I was hoping someone can direct me to find the Product ID code
> for
> installation. I have my original XP CD but have had to replace the
> harddrive
> in my computer, thus a new installation. I have the CD in a white envelope
> and not the original case so I do not have that number that was on the
> sticker. I need to know where I find that on my CD so I can install this
> stupid thing! Please help! I have Windows XP Home Edition with the Service
> Pack 1a. It is the only FULL edition that I have, even though I do have
> the
> XP Professional Upgrade but it will not work on the new harddrive
> installation.

Briscobar

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
FreeSpirit <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
> Hi there! I was hoping someone can direct me to find the Product ID
> code for installation. I have my original XP CD but have had to
> replace the harddrive in my computer, thus a new installation. I have
> the CD in a white envelope and not the original case so I do not have
> that number that was on the sticker. I need to know where I find that
> on my CD so I can install this stupid thing! Please help! I have
> Windows XP Home Edition with the Service Pack 1a. It is the only FULL
> edition that I have, even though I do have the XP Professional
> Upgrade but it will not work on the new harddrive installation.

Sorry man, the only place you'll find it (unless it's already installed) is
on the sticker on the case that says, in big letters, DON'T LOSE THIS.

If it's already installed, google for JellyBean. It's a small program that
will find the key code for you.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

4 out of 5 dentists recommend www.mcngp.com

T-Bone

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> If Windows XP is OEM, contact the seller.

Some OEMs also put the key on the case somewhere.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

=?Utf-8?B?RGFybmtv?=

The Microsoft & WUGNET Shareware Pick of the Week for Windows XP
has a trial program for The Ultimate Troubleshooter by AnswersThatWork.com
If you try it out this program you might just stumble on to your P. Code as
well a other interesting things.

http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spow.asp?ID=572
--
Onward Through The Fog,