Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > lost article: creating a COM-like framework for C++

lost article: creating a COM-like framework for C++

Romeo Castallo

A while back i read a brilliant article on C++. It explained the
problems with binary compatibility, and showed piece by pice, how you
would go about solving this problem, so that you can create reusable
components.

Eventually it turned out that the framework that was developed in the
article had was very similar to microsofts COM. It was however, not a
COM article, it concentrated on stuff like name mangling and the type
system.

Can't remember where i found it, but I'm hoping some of you guys read
the same type of stuff as me and will come up with the link. I've been
trying to remember some fragment to push into google but no success.
Help please!

Gernot Frisch

"Romeo Castallo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>A while back i read a brilliant article on C++. It explained the
> problems with binary compatibility, and showed piece by pice, how
> you
> would go about solving this problem, so that you can create reusable
> components.
>
> Eventually it turned out that the framework that was developed in
> the
> article had was very similar to microsofts COM. It was however, not
> COM article, it concentrated on stuff like name mangling and the
> type
> system.
>
> Can't remember where i found it, but I'm hoping some of you guys
> read
> the same type of stuff as me and will come up with the link. I've
> been
> trying to remember some fragment to push into google but no success.
> Help please!

Is it this:
?