Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Help on makefiles

Help on makefiles

Max

Well guys, after a long day of working on this thing I finally got it to
work... Apparently, until I put spaces at the end of every line, it
couldn't find a thing. Oh, and it also wouldn't run the last line of the
file until I put an extra line feed. Right about now I would like to
kill the person who came up with this idea, but at least I'm happy that
it works now.

Thanks for all your help

Max

E. Robert Tisdale wrote:

> It seems to work just fine for me.
>
> Did you notice that you misspelled strict_ansi
> in every target after the first?

Yea, those I fixed. See my reply to the original post. It was all
because I didn't have any spaces at the end of each line, and also
because I didn't have an extra line at the end of the file.

Phlip

Max wrote:

> Still no luck
>
> % ls

^

You need to configure your shell - probably by setting PS1 - to reflect your
current folder. That makes BASHing (or using whatever SHell you use) a
little easier.

(BTW you have probably been warned this question is off topic. Hence we can
answer any part of it we feel like

--
Phlip

Ant vs Makefiles Harris L Java 20 12-02-2004 10:35 AM
Structure of the code (files, dir's, namespaces, makefiles) db C++ 2 04-13-2004 03:46 PM
Can someone make winvn makefiles tith Digital MarsMars (DMC) IDDE Janne Naukkarinen C++ 1 01-15-2004 03:43 AM
Makefiles for JAVA sasquatch Java 5 11-12-2003 08:12 PM
Making of Makefiles dharmesh Gupta C++ 2 08-26-2003 06:54 AM

Advertisments