Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > corba enum question

corba enum question

David

Hi,

I am writing code using Corba to interface between java and c++
components. This may be changed to COM in the future, so I am trying
to write the interface as independant as possible from the c++.
What would be an elegant solution to create, identical enums in IDL
and c++, so that updating a specific enum will not require changes to
multiple definitions?

Thanks,
David.

Victor Bazarov

David wrote:
> I am writing code using Corba to interface between java and c++
> components. This may be changed to COM in the future, so I am trying
> to write the interface as independant as possible from the c++.

Forgive me, David, I must have eaten my dumb pill today, but I cannot
understand the expression "as independant as possible from the c++",
especially in conjunction with posting to a C++ newsgroup.

> What would be an elegant solution to create, identical enums in IDL
> and c++, so that updating a specific enum will not require changes to
> multiple definitions?

Shouldn't you ask this in a CORBA newsgroup, actually?