Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > QuickBasic 4.5 in Win XP

QuickBasic 4.5 in Win XP

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBQZXJkaWdhbw==?=

I did a program in QuickBasic 4.5 about 15 year ago.
Now I need to run it in Windows XP and I can’t.
I copy a folder where ia have a QuickBasic files and the code to run my
program and doesn't work.
I go to MS DOS prompt and when I open qbasic.exe doesn’t work properly, when
I type the letters is not the same letters from keyboard, if I click menu
file the mouse doesn’t work. The keyboarda doesn't wok properly

1. Is it possible to run quickbasic 4.5 in Windows XP?
2. If is it possible, what can I do?

Thanks
José

Dave

"Jose Perdigao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did a program in QuickBasic 4.5 about 15 year ago.
> Now I need to run it in Windows XP and I can't.
> I copy a folder where ia have a QuickBasic files and the code to run my
> program and doesn't work.
> I go to MS DOS prompt and when I open qbasic.exe doesn't work properly,
> when
> I type the letters is not the same letters from keyboard, if I click menu
> file the mouse doesn't work. The keyboarda doesn't wok properly
>
> 1. Is it possible to run quickbasic 4.5 in Windows XP?

Dunno, not tried.
> 2. If is it possible, what can I do?

Use VMWare (or VirtualPC?) and build a dos-based environment. You should
have you program running in a few minutes. VMware can be evaluated for 30
days, see http://www.vmware.com/ for details.

Dave

"Jose Perdigao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did a program in QuickBasic 4.5 about 15 year ago.
> Now I need to run it in Windows XP and I can't.
> I copy a folder where ia have a QuickBasic files and the code to run my
> program and doesn't work.
> I go to MS DOS prompt and when I open qbasic.exe doesn't work properly,
> when
> I type the letters is not the same letters from keyboard, if I click menu
> file the mouse doesn't work. The keyboarda doesn't wok properly
>
> 1. Is it possible to run quickbasic 4.5 in Windows XP?
> 2. If is it possible, what can I do?

Or try what is suggested on
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread798.html Personally, I prefer
VMWare, *much* safer.

Future threads along these lines should really be posted in a more
appropriate ng.

Davin Eastley

As QuickBasic was a 16-bit development platform, you can't run it in XP.
This also means your application won't work under XP. You will have to
convert it to a newer release of Visual Basic. 16-bit support died out at
Windows Me. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Davin Eastley

www.davineastley.tk