Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > ILINK32 Errors: Error: Unresolved external

ILINK32 Errors: Error: Unresolved external

Aravind

we have two files:
1. rc4.c (defines one function "create_pin()")
2. MyImpl.c(calling the function "create_pin()"),This implements JNI
method.

1.When I am trying to create .dll file with one file rc4.obj(rc4.c),it
is creating the .dll file without any error.
Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj
2.But,when we are trying to create .dll file with two .obj files with
following errors.

Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj MyImpl.obj

Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Error: Unresolved external '_strcat' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_strlen' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_AI_MD5Random' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
Error: Unresolved external '_B_RandomInit' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
Error: Unresolved external '_strcpy' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_RandomUpdate' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_CreateAlgorithmObject' referenced from
D:\JNI\PIN
INFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_AI_RC4' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_SetAlgorithmInfo' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\
RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_CreateKeyObject' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\R
C4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_GenerateRandomBytes' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININ
FO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_KI_Item' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_SetKeyInfo' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OB
Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptInit' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.O
BJ
Error: Unresolved external '_T_malloc' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptUpdate' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4
..OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_EncryptFinal' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_memcpy' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_DestroyKeyObject' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\
RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_B_DestroyAlgorithmObject' referenced from
D:\JNI\PI
NINFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_T_memset' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_T_free' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_AM_RC4_ENCRYPT' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_AM_RC4_DECRYPT' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.
OBJ
Error: Unresolved external '_AM_MD5_RANDOM' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.O
BJ
Error: Unresolved external '_printf' referenced from
D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ

Could someone help me to resolve this problem
Thanks in advance
Aravind

Thomas Matthews

Aravind wrote:
> we have two files:
> 1. rc4.c (defines one function "create_pin()")
> 2. MyImpl.c(calling the function "create_pin()"),This implements JNI
> method.
>
> 1.When I am trying to create .dll file with one file rc4.obj(rc4.c),it
> is creating the .dll file without any error.
> Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj
> 2.But,when we are trying to create .dll file with two .obj files with
> following errors.
>
> Command : ILINK32 rc4.obj MyImpl.obj
>
> Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
> Error: Unresolved external '_strcat' referenced from
> D:\JNI\PININFO\RC4.OBJ

[snip]
Linking is not part of the _standard_ C++ language and best
discussed in a newsgroup about the tools. Try a Borland
newsgroup.

The unresolved symbols generally indicates that a file
containing the symbol definitions (not a header) was
not part of the project or linking phase.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt